Sunday 4 August 2013

Lindy's Stamp Gang August Colour Challenge

Hi all!

Even though I didn't make the design team for Lindy's Stamp Gang I still want to join in their monthly colour challenges as I love their sprays as my 'small' collection can attest to. Plus it does't hurt to show them my brilliance now does it!




Anyway, I turned to the next page in my journal which I had already started by making a hot glue tree and giving it a layer of light yellow paint (this was leftover from a mixing for another page and I didn't want to waste it).

I bought a textured rolling pin from a local cake shop and tried it out with some texture paste, unfortunately it didn't quite work out how I imagined it but it did leave an interesting layer of texture. I then painted the tree with brown paint, Viva Decor Ferro (copper colour), some sprays and then black paint. Sprays used were:Mission Bells BrownCattail Copper BrownMilk Chocolate Brown .

Following this I layered the background with a number of sprays, I was inspired by the photo of the lake for the colour challenge and wanted to create my own take of it. Sprays used were: TiffanyLou Blue , Tainted Love Teal , Hag's Wart Orange , Pretty in Pink Pink , Jazzy Jivin' Purple and Passionate Plum .

Next came the flowers in the foreground. I used a teal Twinkling H20 and then painted the flowers with white paint with the best paint applicator around - my finger! Into the centre of the flowers I added some drops of Pretty in Pink  and Jazzy Jivin' Purple sprays. I used my black Big Brush pen to highlight the stems.

To finish off I added some embellishments, some words in my tree as well as 2 Studio Callico wooden birds and 2 brads that have images of bees on them. Can you see the little bug hiding on one of the flowers?

And that's it my finished journal page. Hope you like it.

Take care,
Helen

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this Helen! I love the wooden birds! They're the perfect touch! Thanks for sharing with us at Lindy's Stamp Gang!

    xo Jessica Griffin
    http://www.canyoupixelthis.com

    ReplyDelete